The best time for social media posts
- Timing can determine whether your posts generate a lot of attention
- What times of day and hours are best on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- How often to post on each platform
A new analysis shows on which days and at what time you should post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Create a strategy and reach more users with your posts!
Many factors determine whether you generate a lot of responses with your social media activity. One of them is timing. The experts at Blog2Social have analyzed over 60,000 channels and found out on which days and at what time you reach the most users. Since a post is only ever shown to a fraction of your followers, it pays to post when many users are online and you get more likes, comments and shares accordingly.
Days: The best days are Monday, Thursday and especially Wednesday. The least suitable is the weekend, especially Sunday.
Time: Between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., and from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Frequency: One to two posts per day
Note: This does not refer to Stories or Reels. Stories should be posted daily.
Days: All days except Monday and Wednesday.
Time: Between 1:00pm and 4:00pm and from 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Most interactions occur between 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Frequency: Two posts daily
Note: On weekends, the best time is between 13:00 – 16:00.
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: From 08:00 – 10:00, between 11:00 and 13:00, and from 17:00 to 18:00. Most interactions occur between 12:00 and 13:00.
Frequency: Three tweets per day
Note: It is best to post during work hours, so weekends are less suitable. The “lifetime” of a tweet is only about 20 minutes before it sinks into your contacts’ timelines.
Days: Tuesday to Thursday
Time: From 08:00 – 10:00 and between 17:00 and 18:00.
Frequency: One post per day
Note: LinkedIn is used significantly less outside of office hours and on weekends.
LinkedIn describes itself as a “professional community.” If you’re an independent artist or a music manager, music is your business. You won’t necessarily gain new fans on LinkedIn, but it’s perfect for networking.
- Find people to join your team or other musicians to collaborate with.
- Network in industry groups and share ideas.
- Show your professional business side and point out your past musical successes.
- Use LinkedIn for promotion: 61% of users are between 24-35 years old. Ads can help you reach the right target audience, which is also different from other platforms.
To reach more users in the long run, you should regularly consult the analytics tools of the social media apps. With these, you can find out when your followers are online most often and set the strategy for your posts accordingly.